Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a quick and easy way to get all the fantastic flavors of Chicken Cordon Bleu, without the time invested. Your family and friends will love the rich creaminess of this hearty family favorite!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook and shred chicken breasts and layer in bottom of a 9x13" casserole dish.
- Layer pieced ham over chicken.
- Spread cream of chicken soup over meats, then spread mayo over soup. Sprinkle with garlic.
- Layer cheese over this and sprinkle with bread crumbs and drizzle with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with onion flakes.
- Bake one hour until bubbly around edges.
- Broil 5 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Been looking for a good chicken cordon bleu casserole. This is my favorite so far! I changed it up a little. I think I used cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken. And I realized I didn't have dried onions so I used fresh, finely chopped. And I'm glad I did! The buttery oniony top was yummy!
Well, I gave it four stars because I love the idea of this dish. I had to make the following changes. I prepared everything the same way pretty much. First I put the chicken in the dish. Then instead of spreading the soup in right away, I mixed the soup and the mayo with three quarters of a can of milk. I found the original receipe too thick. Also, I layred half of the cheese over the chicken then I put the ham and so on. the rest of the receipe the same.
We really loved how easy this was! Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of my fam's favorite dishes, but it's time consuming. This dish makes those flavors attainable on a Tuesday night when we all have somewhere to be. I am a fan of anything that gets my family around the table on those nights. Even our picky young eaters scarfed it down!