1/2 Photos of Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
No canned soup in this one. I serve it over rice or noodles. Great way to use up leftover chicken and/or ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 3 cups cooked cubed ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups milk (depending on desired thickness)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray/grease a 3-qt casserole dish.
- 2Place cubed chicken and cubed ham in a large bowl; set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt butter. Add in onion, celery and mushrooms and sautee 5-6 minutes or until soft.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together milk and flour until smooth; pour into saucepan. Add in salt, pepper, paprika, and parsley; stir well and heat through.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in shredded cheese. Stir often until cheese is melted.
- 6Pour sauce mixture over chicken/ham mixture and toss to coat. Pour into prepared casserole dish; press down so all meat is covered with sauce. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top.
- 7Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and just beginning to brown.
- 8Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.6
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 255.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: