Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is very easy to put together and pretty tasty in my opinion! I came up with it when one night when I thought chicken cordon bleu sounded good, but only had cubed chicken on hand. You can use shredded cheese instead of sliced, add broccoli or more meat, use homemade biscuits... it's pretty forgiving. These are just the ingredients I happened to have on hand that day, but feel free to adjust to suit your tastes.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat and blend in flour, salt,& pepper.
- Cook over low heat,stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in milk until smooth, let boil for about 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Add chicken and ham to butter/milk mixture.
- Spread into an 11x7 pan and cover with sliced cheese.
- Place biscuits on top (I usually flatten in the palm of my hand so that they fit better and bake faster).
- Pour melted butter over biscuits and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until filling is hot and bubbly and biscuits are browned, and enjoy!
Excellent recipe!! I used 3 chicken breast halves that I cooked in my pressure cooker then cut up, 1/2 a pound of deli ham, rolled and julienned, doubled the sauce ingredients added a little Adobo and Louisiana hot sauce to the sauce. HUGE hit. I flattened out the biscuits quite a bit to get them to cover the majority of the top. I have since been requested to make it again.....
My poor hubby came home late and discovered that the picky eaters had not saved him a bite of this casserole!! Super easy and yummy!
This was delicious, with just a few tweaks. For convenience, I used a rotisserie chicken. I added some frozen broccoli and carrots, used crescent roll dough instead of biscuits, and used shredded Swiss. I also added just a touch of Dijon mustard to the sauce- it gave it a little flavor boost. It was a hit at dinner!