Recipe by looneytunesfan
This is very easy to put together and pretty tasty in my opinion! I came up with it when one night when I thought chicken cordon bleu sounded good, but only had cubed chicken on hand. You can use shredded cheese instead of sliced, add broccoli or more meat, use homemade biscuits... it's pretty forgiving. These are just the ingredients I happened to have on hand that day, but feel free to adjust to suit your tastes.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cooked and cubed
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat and blend in flour, salt,& pepper.
- Cook over low heat,stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in milk until smooth, let boil for about 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Add chicken and ham to butter/milk mixture.
- Spread into an 11x7 pan and cover with sliced cheese.
- Place biscuits on top (I usually flatten in the palm of my hand so that they fit better and bake faster).
- Pour melted butter over biscuits and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until filling is hot and bubbly and biscuits are browned, and enjoy!