1/3 Photos of Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
This is very easy to put together and pretty tasty in my opinion! I came up with it when one night when I thought chicken cordon bleu sounded good, but only had cubed chicken on hand. You can use shredded cheese instead of sliced, add broccoli or more meat, use homemade biscuits... it's pretty forgiving. These are just the ingredients I happened to have on hand that day, but feel free to adjust to suit your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup ham, cooked and cubed
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1Melt butter in saucepan over low heat and blend in flour, salt,& pepper.
- 2Cook over low heat,stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 3Stir in milk until smooth, let boil for about 1 minute and remove from heat.
- 4Add chicken and ham to butter/milk mixture.
- 5Spread into an 11x7 pan and cover with sliced cheese.
- 6Place biscuits on top (I usually flatten in the palm of my hand so that they fit better and bake faster).
- 7Pour melted butter over biscuits and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 8Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until filling is hot and bubbly and biscuits are browned, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.2
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.1 mg
- Sodium 1392.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 32.5 g