Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From TOH Simple & Delicious Jan/Feb 2009. Makes 2 pans: one for now and one to freeze.
- 2 (6 ounce) packagesreduced-sodium seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb sliced deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare stuffing mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup and milk; set aside. Divide chicken between two greased 13 x 9 inch baking dishes. Sprinkle with pepper. Layer with ham, Swiss cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, soup mixture and stuffing. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Each casserole serves 6.
I had high hopes for this casserold but we found it just ok. Sorry.
Superb! We loved it. I was skeptical at 1st about only 1 can and 1 cup of milk for both pans,,,but believe me it's perfect! I froze both of them,,,and had no time for cooking so I made one tonight. So quick and easy to make. I love this recipe! Thank you so much for posting. Will make again,,,and again,,,and again lol.