Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a favorite with many! It is much easier to prepare than you may think. I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- Pound chicken breasts if they're too thick.
- Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inches of edge.
- Fold edges of chicken over filling and secure with tooth picks.
- Mix flour and paprika and coat chicken.
- Heat butter in skillet and cook chicken until browned on all sides.
- Add wine and bouillon.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove tooth picks and transfer breasts to warm platter.
- Blend cornstarch with cream and whisk slowly into skillet.
- Cook, stirring until thickened and pour over chicken.
Wonderful meal. I have prepared this meal three different times with the same result, amazing. The only thing I changed after the first time was to reduce the butter by 1/3. The sauce is what puts it over the top. It is easy to make and the directions say it all.
YUM - we enjoyed this recipe very much! The sauce is so good. I had a few mushrooms on hand that I needed to use up so I sauteed them and added to the sauce. I used the suggestion of folding the chicken over like a clam and that worked well, sealing with toothpicks. Thanks for sharing this on FB - it definitely got me to try it and I'm sure it will be made again and again...
My husband and kids love this! I have made it a couple times and the only thing I think I should be noted is how to seal the chicken. The first time I rolled the breast up like a spiral and had trouble with the inside not being cooked. So now I just fold it like a clam. MUCH easier and it looked prettier because the filling stayed inside.