Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This entree is easy and delicious! It's one of my husband's favorites! Try to use the largest chicken breasts you can find so you'll be able to roll them easier. This is really good served with fettuccini Alfredo and glazed carrots.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x13 inch-baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast.
- Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast.
- Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
I have only recently started cooking. I was looking for a healthier version of an old Rosebud Farm fav. This did the trick. My DH loved it and was excited that I took care of the cooking for once. I only substituted provolone for swiss as my DH does not like swiss.
I've made this 3 times now, for my very picky husband, my parents, and my very picky grandparents and it got 5 stars from all! They've all been begging for it again and again! A+ recipe!