Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you don't need all 6 breasts at once, freeze them. Thaw as needed, and cook as above.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices ham
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, cut into 6 strips
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into 6 strips
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Pound chicken breasts until about 1/8-inch thick.
- Center a slice of ham on each chicken filet (trim if necessary to fit).
- Place a strip of Swiss cheese and a strip of cream cheese on bottom edge of chicken and tightly roll chicken, folding sides.
- Use toothpicks if necessary to keep chicken together.
- Beat eggs and use to coat chicken rolls.
- Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, roll coated breast in mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and juices run clear.
- Some cheese may melt out.
i think this chicken cordon bleu was the best
We really liked this with the addition of cream cheese. It totally made the recipe. I agree that the chicken turned out very dry and I'm not sure of a good way to impove this. I used some plain crumbs mixed with italian crumbs and no Parmesan cheese (because we were out). My husband still said it was one of the top 3 meals I've made...so no doubt we will have it again.
I liked this but it was a little dry. I used some plain crumbs mixed with seasoned crumbs and I added a about 1/2 a cup of Parmesan cheese to the crumbs too. I used Provolone for the cheese. For easier clean up, I would suggest spraying the pan with some cooking oil.