Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
The popular American schnitzel, baked in a microwave.
- 1 lb chicken breast, deboned
- 1⁄4 lb ham, sliced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup bechamel sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- Cut the chicken into four roughly equal parts, and then pound the chicken flat. Place one ounce of ham and half an ounce of cheese onto each chicken cutlet. Roll the cutlets with the ham and cheese inside and press flat.
- Heat the butter for half a minute at 950 watts. Beat the eggs and add to the butter. Mix the bread crumbs and the spices. Roll each cutlet in the egg and butter mixture, then roll each cutlet in the crumb and spices mixture.
- Place the cutlets on a rack and cook, covered, with 650 watts for nine minutes.
- Heat the Béchamel sauce for a minute at 950 watts, then pour it over the cutlets.