Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crumbed chicken with ham and cheese
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices swiss cheese, thick
- 4 slices double smoked ham
- plain flour, for coating
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Slice through the middle of each chicken fillet without cutting right through. Open out flat and season well.
- Place a slice of Swissw cheese and ham on one half of each fillet and fold the other half over.
- Season the flour well and use to coat the chicken fillets, shaking off the excess. Dip into the egg, then coat with the breadcrumbs. Place on a foil-lined tray. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Serve immediately.