Recipe by PSU Lioness
I couldn't find any other recipes that had nutmeg, sliced mushrooms or dried thyme leaves in them so here's to hoping this isn't a duplicate! It's from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 4 slices lean baked ham
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, cut into 4 sticks
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 (12 ounce) jarheinz homestyle chicken gravy
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between waxed paper or plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4" thickness.
- Place 1 ham slice and 1 cheese stick on each breast half. Roll chicken, jelly-roll fashion, tucking ends in; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- In large skillet, brown chicken on all sides in butter; remove.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms, thyme, nutmeg and pepper until mushrooms are tender. Stir in wine, then add gravy.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cook over low heat, covered, 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked, turning once. Remove toothpicks before serving.