PSU Lioness's Note:
I couldn't find any other recipes that had nutmeg, sliced mushrooms or dried thyme leaves in them so here's to hoping this isn't a duplicate! It's from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 4 slices lean baked ham
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, cut into 4 sticks
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 (12 ounce) jar heinz homestyle chicken gravy
- 1Place chicken between waxed paper or plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4" thickness.
- 2Place 1 ham slice and 1 cheese stick on each breast half. Roll chicken, jelly-roll fashion, tucking ends in; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 3In large skillet, brown chicken on all sides in butter; remove.
- 4In same skillet, saute mushrooms, thyme, nutmeg and pepper until mushrooms are tender. Stir in wine, then add gravy.
- 5Return chicken to skillet. Cook over low heat, covered, 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked, turning once. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 111.5 mg
- Sodium 688.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean baked ham