Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
ooo yum one of my favorite dishes
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded into thin scallops
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 8 slices bethmale cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup herb breadcrumbs
- Emeril's Original Essence (or favorite sesoning)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces julienned prosciutto
- 1 cup sweet peas
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mornay sauce, hot
- Season each side of the chicken scallops with salt and pepper.
- Lay on scallop flat and layer 2 pieces of the proscuitto, 2 pieces of the cheese and top one chicken scallop.
- Season the flour with Essence. Carefully dredge the chicken in flour.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, letting any excess drip off.
- Season the bread crumbs with Essence.
- Finally dredge the chicken in the herb crust, crusting each side completely.
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper-lined plate.
- Season with Essence. In a saute pan, melt the butter.
- Add the julienned proscuitto and sweet peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for 2 minutes. Fold the proscuitto and peas into the Mornay sauce. Serve the sauce with the chicken.