Food Frenzy's Note:
ooo yum one of my favorite dishes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded into thin scallops
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 8 slices bethmale cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup herb breadcrumbs
- Emeril's Original Essence (or favorite sesoning)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces julienned prosciutto
- 1 cup sweet peas
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mornay sauce, hot
- 1Season each side of the chicken scallops with salt and pepper.
- 2Lay on scallop flat and layer 2 pieces of the proscuitto, 2 pieces of the cheese and top one chicken scallop.
- 3Season the flour with Essence. Carefully dredge the chicken in flour.
- 4Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, letting any excess drip off.
- 5Season the bread crumbs with Essence.
- 6Finally dredge the chicken in the herb crust, crusting each side completely.
- 7In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken.
- 8Saute for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper-lined plate.
- 9Season with Essence. In a saute pan, melt the butter.
- 10Add the julienned proscuitto and sweet peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Saute for 2 minutes. Fold the proscuitto and peas into the Mornay sauce. Serve the sauce with the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.0
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 222.2 mg
- Sodium 362.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 47.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: