Recipe by bigherbncv
I got this recipe out of a Good Housekeeping cookbook and I have made this more times than I can think of. My youngest son loves this.
Top Review by patty71259
I have been making this exact recipe for probably 20 + years and it is worthy of the 5 star rating! The sauce is very rich and I usually serve it with rice and broccoli! Follow recipe exactly and you won't be disappointed!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, sliced thin
- 8 ounces cooked ham, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, Chicken Flavored
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread Chicken breasts flat.
- Place Ham & Cheese slices on breasts.
- Fold breasts, ham & cheese over.
- Fasten edges with toothpicks.
- Mix Flour and Paprika.
- Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- Melt Margerine in 12" skillet.
- Cook chicken til browned on all sides.
- Add Wine and bouillon.
- Reduce heat to low and cover skillet.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Remove from skillet, remove toothpicks.
- Blend Cornstarch and Cream until smooth.
- Gradually stir into skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve over chicken.