Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delectable combination of savory ham and mellow Swiss cheese stuffed in a lightly breaded, boneless chicken breast.
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 6 slices ham
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- cooking oil (for frying)
- Combine eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Combine flour and breadcrumbs in a larger bowl.
- Pound the chicken breasts to approximately 1/4 inch between waxed paper.
- Place 1 slice swiss cheese on chicken breast, followed by 1 slice ham, then another slice of cheese.
- Tuck in sides of chicken and roll chicken in a tight roll. Secure with toothpicks.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, place into breadcrumb mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Repeat for all chicken breasts, then place in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes (can be refrigerated overnight).
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in frying pan and saute until golden brown.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet, cover with foil and bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
Delicious recipe! Easy recipe to fellow too. Our company really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe :)
Very Good! I used pepper jack cheese instead of swiss and used shake n bake in stead of bread cumbs............My boys loved it and ask for ir all the time.
We both loved this. I changed it up a bit & slice up the ham & use shredded cheese to mix it up and then place on the chicken. Tastes wonderful.