Recipe by DailyInspiration
This dish has impressed many guests at my home and it is always a hit! This recipe was taken from the American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook.
Top Review by lazyme
Delish! I made this exactly as directed and we loved it. It was easy to prepare and my grandson has already asked when we can have it again. Thanks Nancy for sharing. Made for For Your Consideration tag..
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 8 slice cooked ham
- 8 slice swiss cheese
- 44.37 ml minced parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml butter
- 304.75 g can cheddar cheese soup
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 78.07 ml dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Split, bone and skin the chicken pieces. Place each chicken breast half on a sheet of waxed paper. Using a meat mallet, flatten to 1/4 inch thick.
- Place 1 slice each of ham and cheese in the center of each piece. sprinkle evenly with parsley and pepper. Roll up each chicken breast lengthwise and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Dip each piece into beaten egg and coat well with bread crumbs. In a heavy skillet, melt the butter and brown the chicken pieces. Place chicken in a 12 x 8 inch baking dish, reserving the drippings.
- To the drippings add the cheese soup, sour cream and the sherry. Stir well and pour over the chicken. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes.