Recipe by mandagirl
This is my mom's recipe. It differs a little from the traditional Cordon Bleu recipes. Very tasty!
Top Review by Gerry
Classy! Transformed chicken into an impressive meal. A delicious take on an old classic. Easy to prepare, pleasing to the eye and tastes terrific. A great dish to serve family and friends. Thank you mandabear for sharing this recipe and do thank your mom!
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 6 slices virginia baked ham
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, grated cheese and sage together in a shallow bowl.
- Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of american cheese on 1 chicken cutlet.
- Roll up and fasten with toothpicks.
- Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Roll each in the flour mixture and cool on a dish in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Fry cutlets in butter, turning to brown all sides, and arrange them in a greased baking dish.
- Put the remaining flour mixture into the pan you used to fry cutlets.
- Add chicken broth and stir over medium heat until thickend.
- Pour over chicken in baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, uncovered.
- Serve with rice pilaf.