Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Similar to Chicken Cordon Bleu except you use bacon instead of ham. This recipe also has a simple "gravy" that goes so well with the chicken. I served this with brown rice and veggies. My husband loved this dish! The bacon adds so much flavor! And by sprinkling the breadcrumbs on top instead of dipping keeps the stuffed breasts intact.
- Saute bacon until done but not too crisp. Discard oil but save tidbits and very small amount of pan drippings.
- Butterfly chicken breast so the breast is now thinner but bigger.
- Place cheese and crumbled bacon slice in center of each chicken breast.
- Roll up chicken and place seam side down.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of breasts.
- Bake at 375F until breasts reach 170°F.
- In the bacon pan, add the can of soup and milk. Whisk to get up pan drippings. Heat until warm.
- Serve chicken with gravy on top or with the gravy on your starchy sidedish such as rice.
EXACTLY the recipe was looking for today! SO easy to do!! OKAY? Recipe is good written like it is too! Changed swiss for slice jarlsberg for you know who! I used fine diced bacon pieces as need to use up, yes, And WHO just poured over sauce, covered with al foil and baked for 45 minutes? GUESS!!!