Recipe by Pepina Rae
Here's FABULOUS chicken and rice dish that is super easy. My family has requested this repeatedly for many years. I had misplaced the recipe, but I found it on the web today!! I am thrilled to share it with you. You're gonna luv it for sure!!
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll chicken pieces in flour.
- Brown in skillet in butter.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Stir in soup, spices and water.
- Spread rice in a shallow baking pan.
- Pour all but 1/3 cup of liquid mixture over rice. Stir to mix.
- Top with chicken.
- Spoon remaining sauce on chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees covered for 30 minutes, remove foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes.