Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's FABULOUS chicken and rice dish that is super easy. My family has requested this repeatedly for many years. I had misplaced the recipe, but I found it on the web today!! I am thrilled to share it with you. You're gonna luv it for sure!!
- Roll chicken pieces in flour.
- Brown in skillet in butter.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Stir in soup, spices and water.
- Spread rice in a shallow baking pan.
- Pour all but 1/3 cup of liquid mixture over rice. Stir to mix.
- Top with chicken.
- Spoon remaining sauce on chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees covered for 30 minutes, remove foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
So, weird.....I was just enjoying a bowl of the rice from this recipe while looking for more rice casseroles. Love this recipe....it's from when I was a kid, too.
I have been looking for this recipe for so long! I lost it and it was a favorite of my husband. I will surprise him with it this week.
Oh my gosh, I know this recipe! I have used curry powder in place of your spices, and cr. of mushroom soup. Everything else is the same. Very delish and smells great too!