1 hr 20 mins
This one dish recipe dates back to 1971, when I was all of 13, helping my mother make dinner...She got the recipe through a mail order recipe card club where you received a packet of recipes every 6 weeks or so...The original recipe was a victim of it's time with tons of meat, plenty of fat and lots of sodium! I've taken the original recipe and lightened it up a bit with less meat, tomato products that have no salt added and whole wheat pasta! Add a tossed green salad for a complete meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (Perdue preferred)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta, cooked & drained (Ronzoni Whole Wheat pasta)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry; season with the 1 tsp salt and the 1/4 tsp pepper --.
- 2In a Dutch oven, brown chicken in oil, then remove --.
- 3Drain off all but 3 tbsp of the fat; add the onion and garlic, cooking until the onion is tender, stirring as it cooks --.
- 4Stir in chicken and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the pasta and parmesan --.
- 5Cover dutch oven tightly and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 6When time is up, skim off excess fat; serve over the pasta and sprinkle with the parmesan --.
- 7Suggestion: Use egg noodles or fettucine instead of the angel hair.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Confetti
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Sodium 129.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 31.0 g