Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chicken Con Rajas
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped large
- 9 whole canned chilies, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cut chicken, onion, mushrooms, and 6 chiles into strips. Set aside.
- Put milk, soup, and remaining 3 chilies in blender and blend until smooth.
- Whisk in sour cream.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat and add olive oil and chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute until chicken is done; remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onions to same pan and saute for 3 minutes; add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add chilies and chicken and heat through.
- Add soup mixture.
- Cover and heat over medium for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 25 minutes or until hot.
- Serve with Mexican rice, warm flour tortillas and a leafy green salad.