Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
My mother is a lover of Italian food,she really wanted this recipe after seeing the olive garden commercial.I finally found it online,printed it and attempted to try it.It is a great recipe,but unfortunatly,the steps did not include some important steps.So I dediced to pass along the easiest way to prepare this.I must say,this was a huge success.This serves 4 people,so you may double it to feed more of course 8) Good luck and enjoy it!
Top Review by Johnsdeere
I appreciate the effort put forth to post this recipe. I typically like to start with something positive prior to any negative feedback. I apologize in advance if my review comes across harsh, it isn't my intent. Unfortunately I was really dissapointed in this recipe. :( My husband and I order Chicken Con Broccoli every time we go to the Olive Garden. I do not feel like this was even remotely close to it. :( I feel the instructions should of elaborated more then "cook the broccoli". I boiled my fresh broccoli and feel that steaming would of been a better choice for appearance and texture. Secondly, the cooking of the chicken....if my memory serves me right the chicken is thinly slice chicken and has a light breading of sorts on it. In the directions it suggested chopping it up after being cooked and tossed with everything else :(.The selling points for me and this dish has always been the orrcheta pasta and lightly breaded chicken. This had neither of them. :( I do not recommend this recipe if you are looking for a copycat recipe.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- First, cook the Broccoli.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the chicken in the olive oil, letting each side brown.
- Leave remaining oil drippings in pan, setting the chicken aside for now.
- In salted walter, boil the pasta, not quite all the way, (it will be simmered later).
- Drain the pasta, and place it back into pot.
- In the remaining olive oil from chicken, over medium, brown the garlic.
- When caremelized, add the heavy cream & cornstarch and stir well.
- Stir once in a while, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- When prepared, add the sauce to the pasta combining fettuccini pasta.
- Chop the chicken into cubes, toss in into pasta, add broccoi.
- Combine well, add in salt and pepper and the cheese.
- Remember, this is 4 servings, you may double.