Recipe by JustJanS
This came from the Australian Woman's Day. We roasted a chicken and ate it hot one night then used the other half for this. It's a great complete meal
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Made this for lunch today for the kids and I. I doubled the red pepper and left out the green as a personal preference other then that the recipe was made as written. The pasta salad filled my large mixing bowl, so I figured I would have plenty of leftovers...lets just say I figured wrong! All of the kids went back for seconds. This is one recipe that I will be making often as the weather warms as it can be served as a side or main dish. Thanks for sharing this recipe Jan. Made and reviewed for Make my Recipe Tag #14
- 150 g spiral pasta
- 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups skinless cooked chicken
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain then rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Add the cabbage, chicken, capsicum onion, carrot, celery and cucumber to the pasta and mix well.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Add to the salad tossing well. Chill.