Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A favorite lunch salad of mine. Adapted from Southern Living. Chill time 2 hours.
Top Review by kendramomto4
Thoroughly enjoyed this delicious and different cole slaw. Even my MIL and FIL were impressed and that is hard to do. I could taste a hint of honey-lemon in the dressing and it was very nice. Thanks. I am glad I found this recipe.
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup unpeeled cubed red apple
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 leaf lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first 6 ingredients; toss to combine; set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, add the sour cream, mayo, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste; stir until well combined.
- Pour sour cream mixture over cabbage mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Spoon coleslaw into a lettuce lined bowl.