Recipe by Ellen Duffy
Adjust the number of chili peppers you use based on how hot you want the soup to be. The longer it's stored, the hotter it will get. Do not freeze this soup.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 21 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 -2 small dried arbol chili, de-seeded and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 ounces unsweetened limoncello (non-creamy variety)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring stock and coconut milk to a boil in a large stock pot. Add potato and celery. Boil until celery is tender.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in chiles, soy sauce, ginger, salt to taste and limoncello. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in lime zest and juice.