Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are my attempt to replicate the eggrolls from Trader Joe's. I have to say, they are pretty darn close and very yummy! Yield will vary depending on how much filling you put in each eggroll. And frankly, I couldn't tell you exactly how many I ended up getting because we were eating them as fast I could make them! These have a little "kick" to them because of the curry paste but I definitely wouldn't exclude it - maybe just cut back to 1/2 or 3/4 tsp if you prefer and taste the filling as you go. The sweetness of the coconut balances it out nicely.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute chicken and lemongrass in olive oil until almost cooked. Remove from heat.
- Stir in curry paste.
- Add cabbage, salt, coconut, water and cornstarch and stir to combine. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Place 3 heaping tablespoons of chicken filling in center of eggroll wrapper and roll up, moistening edges to seal.
- Heat about 1/2" of oil in pan to 350 degrees.
- Fry eggrolls until golden brown, turning as necessary.