Recipe by Kater
These are my attempt to replicate the eggrolls from Trader Joe's. I have to say, they are pretty darn close and very yummy! Yield will vary depending on how much filling you put in each eggroll. And frankly, I couldn't tell you exactly how many I ended up getting because we were eating them as fast I could make them! These have a little "kick" to them because of the curry paste but I definitely wouldn't exclude it - maybe just cut back to 1/2 or 3/4 tsp if you prefer and taste the filling as you go. The sweetness of the coconut balances it out nicely.
Top Review by MattNBen
I made these last night and was very pleased! I followed the recipe to spec. However, next time I will add more curry paste because it was very mild. Also, a little sriracha or sambal sauce would kick things up a notch. What good is a curry dish without that extra spice?? My egg roll rolling skills definitely need some work!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely minced lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 cups finely chopped napa cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- egg roll wrap
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute chicken and lemongrass in olive oil until almost cooked. Remove from heat.
- Stir in curry paste.
- Add cabbage, salt, coconut, water and cornstarch and stir to combine. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Place 3 heaping tablespoons of chicken filling in center of eggroll wrapper and roll up, moistening edges to seal.
- Heat about 1/2" of oil in pan to 350 degrees.
- Fry eggrolls until golden brown, turning as necessary.