Recipe by LMillerRN
I can't wait to try this recipe. From January 06 Southern Living. It also had a substitution if you don't like to cook with wine like me, you can use an equal amount of buttermilk instead.
Top Review by BrenRick
About 2 minutes after taking this from the oven, the bread cubes absorbed the juices, and turned to mush. We picked the bread off, but couldn't eat the rest of it either. I hate that I wasted so many ingrediants, but......you win a few and you lose a few.
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 4 cups cubed sourdough rolls
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup drained and chopped jarred roasted red pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss 4 tablespoons melted butter with next 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Sauté onions in remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until bubbly. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish; top evenly with bread mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.