Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is based on Smoked Chicken Cobb Salad from the Cooking Light Best Ever Slim-Down Recipes book. To simplify it, I modified it to remove the smoking of the chicken. This is quite a tasty salad. I love all the different flavors. I used a large clove of garlic in the dressing and it had a good bite. The avocado I used was about 1 cup diced.
- 1⁄2 cup avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup avocado, diced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
- 2 large eggs, hard cooked, chilled, and quartered lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients in a mini food processor; process until smooth.
- To prepare salad, cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; saute 6 minutes on each side or until done. Cool slightly; shred with 2 forks.
- Combine romaine, spinach, and basil in a large bowl; toss. Arrange 2 cups spinach mixture on each of 4 plates. Divide bacon, chicken, 1/3 cup avocado, tomatoes, eggs, and cheese evenly among plates. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons dressing over each salad.
What a nice recipe! Definitely delicious, attractive, and nice combination of flavors. Hubby said dinner was really good and appreciated having a salad here on a warm day. Served with Sweet Potato Patties and the two complimented each other well. Thank you for sharing.