Recipe by Brandess
This is a fantastic way to use up left over chicken or a store bought rotisserie chicken, and a great cold sandwich for a hot summer day. No need to cook and no need to knock yourself out to make a quick, healthy and satisfying lunch or dinner! I admit that I do like to poach boneless, skinless chicken breast tossed with Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning for this recipe. I poach extra to use in salads and just to snack on for a quick eat!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken, cooked cubed
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 boston lettuce leaves
- 4 hoagie rolls, split, hollowed out, and toasted
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir in avocado; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken, tomatoes, bacon, and blue cheese. Pour dressing mixture over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Place lettuce leaves on the bottom halves of the hollowed-out hoagie buns. Spoon chicken mixture atop. Sprinkle with chopped eggs. Top with bun halves.