katie in the UP's Note:
Oh my gosh....this is on the menu for next week end!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon, thick strips
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken, 90 percent lean
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 large ripe beefsteak tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 8 slices
For the vinaigrette
- 1Heat the grill to medium.
- 2Place the strips of bacon on the grill (lay them across the grate so they don't fall through) and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Increase the heat of the grill to high.
- 3Form the meat into 4 (8-ounce) burgers, brush with the oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill the burgers until golden brown on both sides and cooked completely through, about 5 minutes per side. Top the burgers with the blue cheese, close the cover, and continue cooking until the cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute longer.
- 4Place the burgers on the bottom half of each bun and top with a slice of tomato, 2 slices of avocado, 2 slices of bacon and some of the dressed romaine.
- 5Cover each burger with the bun tops and serve.
- 6For the vinaigrette:
- 7Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and oil in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using to allow the flavors to meld.
- 8Just before assembling the burgers, place the romaine in a medium bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cobb Burger/Bobby Flay
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.9
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.6 mg
- Sodium 1094.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 51.0 g