Recipe by Cullinaryjudge
I like this recipe much better than the store-bought coating mixes. You can double or triple the recipe if you wish, and store the unused amount in a sealed container. The cook time is for baking the chicken.
Top Review by Malriah
I make this! It makes for wonderful chicken. Just in case, I thought I would mention...If you double or triple the recipe, you cannot store it if you have dipped chicken in it so if you decide to go that route, you must pull out whatever you want for next time, BEFORE you do any dredging!
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure all ingredients into bowl.
- Stir thoroughly.
- To use, moisten chicken parts with water and dip in coating.
- Or place coating in plastic bag, and shake to coat.
- Arrange chicken on ungreased baking tray.
- Bake 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until tender and juices run clear.
- Makes enough to coat about 3 1/2 pounds.