Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I like this recipe much better than the store-bought coating mixes. You can double or triple the recipe if you wish, and store the unused amount in a sealed container. The cook time is for baking the chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- Measure all ingredients into bowl.
- Stir thoroughly.
- To use, moisten chicken parts with water and dip in coating.
- Or place coating in plastic bag, and shake to coat.
- Arrange chicken on ungreased baking tray.
- Bake 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until tender and juices run clear.
- Makes enough to coat about 3 1/2 pounds.
I make this! It makes for wonderful chicken. Just in case, I thought I would mention...If you double or triple the recipe, you cannot store it if you have dipped chicken in it so if you decide to go that route, you must pull out whatever you want for next time, BEFORE you do any dredging!
Wonderful recipe... Very TASTY, I used it on pork chops and the kids raved over it. Ask if i bought a new blend of store bought shake n bake.. shhhh. Thanks for posting :)
This is incredibly tasty on Tofu, but needs to be held on with Miracle whip - type dressing instead of water.