Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Two of my simple favorites - a club sandwich and a baked potato - rolled into one! Recipe adapted from Southern Living.
- 4 (8 ounce) baking potatoes (2 lbs)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked bacon (I buy the Hormel bags of already cooked bacon at Sam's Club)
- 1 (5 ounce) can chicken breasts (I use Hormel) or 1 (5 ounce) can turkey (I use Hormel)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Rub potatoes all over with olive oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake at 425° directly on top oven rack for 55 minutes or until potatoes are tender and skin is crisp.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; hollow out the potatoes leaving shells intact. Stir together potato pulp, bacon, chicken, 3/4 cup each Cheddar and Swiss cheese, and next 4 ingredients.
- Spoon mixture back into shells; sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
I am always searching for new ways to make up a baked potato and this recipe is mighty good. I did add alittle dill relish to give it a more of a flavor of a club sandwich taste. I also used a baked chicken breast that I had lefted over from another dinner this week. It worked out great! I added sour cream on top when serving. Delicious mailbelle! Thanks for sharing the recipe!! :)