Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make this great burger for all the family. Adapted from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes and www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade (Lawry's is best)
- 4 wheat hamburger buns
- 8 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout (loosely packed)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices kraft swiss cheese
- Marinate the chicken in the teriyaki marinade in a shallow bowl for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a clean barbecue to medium grilling heat.
- Brown the faces of each bun in a frying pan on the stove.
- Keep the pan hot.
- Cook the bacon in the pan until crisp, then set aside.
- Grill the chicken breasts 5 to 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the face of each bun, top and bottom.
- Divide the sprouts into 4 portions and mound on each bottom bun.
- On the sprouts, stack a lettuce leaf, then a slice of tomato.
- Place one chicken breast half on each of the sandwiches, atop the tomato.
- Next, stack a slice of Swiss cheese on the chicken, and then the 2 pieces of bacon, crossed over each other.
- Top off the sandwich with the top bun.
- Microwave for 15 seconds on high or place under grill untill melted.
Boy, do these flavors work well together! I didn't have the sprouts, lettuce or tomatoes but the sandwich was delicious anyways. I'm sure the extra ingredients would make the sandwich even better. Surprisingly, the mayo with the teriyaki chicken tasted great. Give this recipe a try soon.