A tasty Pampered Chef recipe using a 13 or 15-inch round baking stone. (Fall/Winter 1997 Season's Best Recipe Collection The Pampered Chef)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained and flaked
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded swiss cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 -2 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard.
- Snip parsley.
- Chop onion.
- Add parsley and onion to mayonnaise mixture; mix well.
- In a 2 quart bowl, flake chicken with a fork.
- Chop bacon.
- Add bacon, 3/4 cup swiss cheese, and 1/3 cup of the mayonnaise mixture; mix well.
- Unroll crescent dough, separate into 16 triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13-inch baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside (there should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center of the stone).
- Scoop the chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle.
- Bring outside points of triangle up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center or ring (filling will not be completely covered).
- Slice tomatoes, cut slices in half.
- Place 1 tomato half over filling between openings of ring.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven, immediately sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup swiss cheese.
- Using a v-shaped cutter, cut around bell pepper.
- Separate halves; remove membrane and seeds.
- Fill with remaining mayonnaise mixture; place in center of ring.
- Arrange lettuce around the pepper.
Thanks for submitting this.. I lost my copy andrnhubby actually loves it!
We LOVE this!!! I haven't had it in years. Thank you for posting it. Everytime I used to make this, it was GONE in seconds and everyone always wanted the recipe. I can't wait to make it for my next Girl Nite party!!!
The first time I made this was at my pampered chef wedding shower, and my hubby and I love this! He is very picky, so I don't use any veggies except the onion. So for all you non vegers, it is still amazing without them. I have also used mozerella cheese, and it is wonderful also.