Recipe by Chef @rianin
Back in Venezuela, when I was a child, my family usually had this Chicken Chupe in a get together every January 1st. to celebrate the New Year. Now I bring that tradition to my family and friends having this fabulous and really easy recipe and I make it every time my family ask for it. It's so good that everybody loves it!! I prefer using chicken breast instead the whole chicken because it is easier to cut later and you get a clear broth. When I make this recipe I double the ingredients and save half of the soup in the freezer for another day. If you want to do that, divide the soup before adding the heavy cream and the cheez whiz.
- 4 whole chicken breasts (or 1 whole Chicken)
- 4 corn on the cob, cut in 6 slices
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 green onions
- 3 leeks
- 2 onions
- 2 green peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 lbs potatoes, cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons Cheez Whiz
- 1⁄2 lb white cheese, cubed (like Mexican Queso Fresco )
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken breasts in a big pot with water. Add the corn and salt. Add the green onion, leek, onion, green pepper, and garlic in whole pieces. Let it cook in a medium high until chicken is totally ready. When chicken is cooked, take all the pieces out and cut in cubes. Keep the pot in the heat.
- Take all the vegetables except the corn out of the pot and put them in a colander, put the broth you get back in the pot, discard the rest.
- Now you have a clear broth with the corn pieces, add the chicken back to the pot, add the potatoes, cilantro and the kernel corn.
- When the potatoes are ready, take the cilantro out. Add the heavy cream and the Cheez Whiz, keep stirring until it is dissolved.
- To serve, put some white cheese in the plate, serve the Chupe, and enjoy.