- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 6 slice bacon
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml corn kernels
- 14.79 ml flour
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cracked black pepper
- 1.5 (2126.21 g) container chicken broth
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 177.44 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy 6-8 quart soup pot cook the bacon until crispy, remove to a separate plate.
- Cook the chicken in the bacon drippings over medium high heat until cooked through, using a slotted spoon remove to the same plate as the bacon.
- Add the potatoes, leeks, bell pepper, garlic and onion to the pot and cook until softened.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and mix until coated.
- Add the bacon and chicken back to the pot, along with the corn kernels, paprika, bay leaves, salt, pepper and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream and milk and heat through.