1/1 Photo of Chicken Chowder With Bacon
This is the first step in a long quest of finding the perfect recipe for chicken chowder. As my husband likes to say, this is the "Tacoma" style...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1.5 (50 ounce) containers chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1In a heavy 6-8 quart soup pot cook the bacon until crispy, remove to a separate plate.
- 2Cook the chicken in the bacon drippings over medium high heat until cooked through, using a slotted spoon remove to the same plate as the bacon.
- 3Add the potatoes, leeks, bell pepper, garlic and onion to the pot and cook until softened.
- 4Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and mix until coated.
- 5Add the bacon and chicken back to the pot, along with the corn kernels, paprika, bay leaves, salt, pepper and chicken stock.
- 6Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- 7Cook about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- 8Add cream and milk and heat through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chowder With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.0
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 2137.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 32.9 g