Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the first step in a long quest of finding the perfect recipe for chicken chowder. As my husband likes to say, this is the "Tacoma" style...
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1.5 (50 ounce) containers chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- In a heavy 6-8 quart soup pot cook the bacon until crispy, remove to a separate plate.
- Cook the chicken in the bacon drippings over medium high heat until cooked through, using a slotted spoon remove to the same plate as the bacon.
- Add the potatoes, leeks, bell pepper, garlic and onion to the pot and cook until softened.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and mix until coated.
- Add the bacon and chicken back to the pot, along with the corn kernels, paprika, bay leaves, salt, pepper and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream and milk and heat through.
Warms the cockels of my heart :) Yummy yummy!
Great soup, Thanks.