Prep 5 mins
Cook 21 mins
Quick soup! Winter sports take up a lot of time in the evening or after school, pour this into the Thermos jug and take it to go.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 bay leaf
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large sauce pot heat oil over med. heat and cook onion until soft. Add chicken and cook 2 min's each side, Shred chicken right in pot (don't try & make it look fancy, remember, itz quick soup!)
- Add potatoes and broth, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 min's. Stir in corn, milk, bayleaf, and pepper, bring to a boil. Reduce heat again and simmer 3-4 min's, or until potatoes are cooked.
- Discard bayleaf and stir in lemon juice and parsley, add more pepper in you like. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and give a quick sitr. Serve immediately.
- *Note: this is good with chunky croutons floating in it!