Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from broth, reserving 3 cups broth in Dutch oven.
- Remove the meat from the bones and cut into bite size pieces; set aside.
- Add potatoes and carrots to broth; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add chicken, corn, diced tomatoes, pepper, and optional tarragon (if desired); cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
o.k. recipe. I wanted to give it 3 stars but it wasn't exactly nasty just boring and uninspired. It tastes the same as any chicken soup. I thought the chowder part (creamed corn) would make a big difference in taste. It didn't. Good but not great. But if you want something easy and healthy this may be for you.