Recipe by janem123
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. Rachel suggests adding a little bit of cayenne pepper and/or red pepper flakes for a less bland chowder.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) canseasoned tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, water, and salt in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from broth and cut into small pieces. Return chicken to broth and add potatoes and carrots. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato sauce, corn, and black pepper. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.