Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I went in search of ways to use my electric skillet and found this somewhere on the internet.
Make and share this Chicken Chow Mein for an Electric Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat oil in electric skillet at 350.
- Add chicken and brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Turn heat control down until light goes out.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Mix soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Stir into chow mein to thicken.
- Serve over cooked rice with chow mein noodles.