Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I went in search of ways to use my electric skillet and found this somewhere on the internet.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat oil in electric skillet at 350.
- Add chicken and brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Turn heat control down until light goes out.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Mix soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Stir into chow mein to thicken.
- Serve over cooked rice with chow mein noodles.