Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious and simple, a real family favorite. This is a great comfort food casserole. I sometimes buy whole chickens that have already been roasted at the grocery store when they have them on special. It cuts down on the time in case you don't have already cooked chicken. Also, I serve this with white rice and more chow mein noodles on the side and frozen egg rolls when I find them on sale.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (OR 2 cans - 8 ounces each mushroom pieces and stems)
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, slivered
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped (including green part)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 cups chicken, chopped and cooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chow mein noodles (approximately 6 ounces)
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add garlic and mushrooms; cook until tender, stirring often.
- Stir in almonds and next 6 ingredients.
- Pour into lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
- Bake at 350*F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.