Rachael's Kitchen Goodies's Note:
Delicious and simple, a real family favorite. This is a great comfort food casserole. I sometimes buy whole chickens that have already been roasted at the grocery store when they have them on special. It cuts down on the time in case you don't have already cooked chicken. Also, I serve this with white rice and more chow mein noodles on the side and frozen egg rolls when I find them on sale.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (OR 2 cans - 8 ounces each mushroom pieces and stems)
- 1/3 cup almonds, slivered
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped (including green part)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 cups chicken, chopped and cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chow mein noodles (approximately 6 ounces)
- 1Melt butter in large skillet.
- 2Add garlic and mushrooms; cook until tender, stirring often.
- 3Stir in almonds and next 6 ingredients.
- 4Pour into lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
- 5Bake at 350*F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chow Mein Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 706.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: