1/2 Photos of Chicken Chow Mein
When I lived in TX, I was trying to duplicate a light sauce based chicken chow mein similar to one of my favorite take-outs in Minneapolis. This is relatively close and very tasty!! Now that I'm back in the Minneapolis area, I tell my DH that I've forgotten how to make chow mein...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (or 1 can)
- 3/4 cup biased cut celery
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken strips
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- white pepper
- 1 dash Accent seasoning (msg)
- 1Cook vegetables in oil- until tender.
- 2Add chicken and bean sprouts.
- 3Add the broth- bring to slight boil.
- 4Add salt, pepper and Accent to taste.
- 5Make a mixture of the cornstarch and water.
- 6Add this mixture to other ingredients for thickening.
- 7Serve over rice or chow mein noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chow Mein
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 364.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: