Recipe by cookee monster
This recipe comes from a cookbook called Cooking for Today Simple Chinese Recipes. The recipe says that you can use pork in place of chicken and to use Chinese egg noodles. I also add more green beans and have never used the chili sauce.
Top Review by Glaber
Very simple but delicious recipe. You can change it up by using pork instead of chicken, or throw in julienned carrots, green beans or any combination of veggies you like. It's very good hot, but I like it even more as a cold dish.
- 226.79 g angel hair pasta
- 59.16 ml vegetable oil
- 113.39 g green beans, fresh
- 226.79 g chicken, cooked
- 29.58 ml light soy sauce
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml chinese rice wine or 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 2 green onions, shredded (sort of julienned)
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- chili sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to directions. Drain and toss with 1 T of the oil.
- Slice meat into thin shreds.
- Trim green beans and cut into bit size pieces.
- Heat 3 T of oil in a preheated wok or skillet. Add the noodles and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes with 1 T soy sauce. Remove to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil and stir-fry beans and meat for about 2 minutes. Add sugar, wine, remaining soy sauce and half of green onions. Blend the meat mixture well and pour on top of noodles. Sprinkle with sesame oil and remaining green onions. Serve hot or cold with optional chili sauce.