Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
For this quick noodle dish, shredded cooked chicken is stir fried with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and chilli sauce and tossed through crunchy vegetables and tasty noodles - perfect for a quick supper. Why not try making this with different kinds of noodles such as udon or rice noodles?
- 175 g noodles
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cm piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 175 g bean sprouts
- 175 g snow peas, halved lengthways
- 225 g lean cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok, and stir fry the onion over a high heat for 2-3 minutes until beginning to brown. Add the garlic, ginger, bean sprouts and mangetout and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Drain the noodles well and add to the wok, with the chicken and soy sauce; cook for 2 minutes until piping hot. Stir in the sweet chili sauce and serve immediately.
I liked it. I did not have the sweet chili sauce; maybe that makes all the difference...I used oyster sauce instead...felt like it needed something else and for the noodles to have a little more sauce on them...again, maybe that's where the chili sauce comes it. But I love the ginger and my one son and I ate it all up.