Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Inspired by Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals Comfort Foods
Make and share this Chicken, Chorizo & Tortilla Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, chopped in small pieces
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I like Chulula)
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed, for topping
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded, for topping
- Heat a medium soup pot over med-high heat. Add olive oil & chicken to the pot. Lightly brown chicken 2 minutes.
- Add chorizo & garlic. Cook another 2 - 3 minutes, then add peppers & onions. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, hot sauce, & tomatoes. add chicken broth & bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat & simmer 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into oven proof bowls, top with cheese & chips & broil until cheese melts.